Need a gift idea for the person who has everything? Want to DIY your way to a budget-friendly stack of holiday presents? If so, consider gifting the loved one in your life a handmade Peppermint Sugar Scrub. Crafted with granulated sugar, coconut oil, and peppermint essential oil, this Peppermint Sugar Scrub will nourish the skin and awaken the senses with a fresh, holiday-appropriate scent. Best of all, this inexpensive recipe can be doubled or tripled to accommodate everyone on your shopping list. Check out the fun and easy tutorial below!
You will need:
• 2 cups sugar
• 1/4 cup coconut oil, jojoba oil, or other carrier oil (you may use more to achieve your desired consistency)
• Red food coloring
• Peppermint essential oil
• One-pint Mason jar with lid
1. Pour sugar into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
2. Add coconut oil until desired consistency is reached; stir. For a peppermint scent, add a few drops of peppermint essential oil to the mixture.
3. Now, it’s time to add some color to your scrub. Start by dividing your sugar scrub mix into two equal portions.
4. Add a drop or two of food coloring into one of the portions. The sugar scrub should be light pink now. Be careful not to add too much coloring – if you do, you run the risk of staining your recipient’s skin and bathtub!
5. In a mason jar, alternate pink and white layers of colored sugar to create a "candy cane" effect. Press sugar down with a spoon to compact between layers.
6. If you’d like, add a sticker label to the front of the jar and a bow. Your sugar scrub is ready to wrap and gift!
Optimize every aspect of your life with these interesting tips and ideas, courtesy of the professional team at Domain City Center Apartments in Lenexa, Kansas.